Spieker Services Built for You
No construction job is too big or too small for the Spieker team. The depth and experience of our team allows us to provide comprehensive construction services for new builds, reconstruction, and remodels.
- Sole Responsibility = We will manage your complete construction or remodeling project with one general contractor. As your general contractor, we know every aspect of building construction and take full responsibility for project completion.
- Oversight = We are involved in daily operation of the jobsite, ensuring construction materials are delivered on time and subcontractor’s schedules are coordinated properly. We supervise and oversee all trades to ensure permits are pulled, inspections are properly scheduled, and occupancies are achieved within project schedules.
- Cost Savings = The Spieker Company will assist the design team and owner to ensure that best constructability practices and detailing are implemented for maximum quality and cost efficiency.
- Expertise = Focused on efficiency, we have the expertise and experience to manage all details. Our goal is to exceed our customer’s expectations:
- Prevent problems before they happen
- Quickly find solutions to issues or concerns
- Accomplish the project within, or below, the stated budget
- Complete construction before the given timeline
- Flexibility = When an owner is needing time to consider and accommodate design changes, Bid Build is a best suited delivery method for the project. The owner focuses first on the design before obtaining construction costs.
- Owner’s Representative = Once an owner has a designer or architect of choice secured and the design plans are finalized, Spieker joins the project and acts on the owner’s behalf, managing the construction processes. Spieker is not contractually bound to the architect or designer and construction costs are determined once Spieker is awarded the Bid Build contract.
- Experience = Our experience as a building construction agent allows us to manage all types of construction contracts to meet your building specifications and budget expectations. We solicit fixed construction bids from the best subcontractors to maximize project completion. The owner has ultimate control and decision making; however, Spieker is able to lend their expertise in communicating and coordinating with subcontractors.
TOTAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Owner Control = With total project management, the owner has more authority over the construction project. The owner manages multi prime selection, contracts, communication, and payment while Spieker acts as the owner’s agent to ensure project delivery and completion.
- Accelerated Build = Construction costs are known and fixed during the design phase and construction can even begin prior to finalized design plans. When an owner has a tight timeline, Spieker’s experience with Total Project Management allows for an expedited construction schedule.
- Transparency = The owner can see the all costs associated with the project including markups and change orders. Spieker’s willingness to keep an open book on all accounts builds trust with the owner and results in complete customer satisfaction.
Our top priority is a healthy workplace environment minimizing potential safety risks for our employees, clients and subcontractors. We have designed an award-winning safety program, which includes rigorous construction safety protocols and exhaustive safety compliance training to put people first.
- Owner’s Agent = Owner’s who are interested in having a single point person for the entire project, from design to completion, will want Spieker for their Design Build. Employing both Spieker Company’s Architect and Project Management allows us to streamline the entire project and we take responsibility for all phases of the project, including cost control, material and subcontractor coordination, and timelines.
- Convenience = With design build, customers can be minimally involved and have confidence that our team is handling the scope of work to their required specification. Spieker handles any concerns that arise while our customers focus on their daily responsibilities, assured that we are expertly managing their construction project.
- Seamless Services = Not only do our teams collaborate on architectural design and construction specifics, we also anticipate costs and manage details and modifications throughout all phases of design and build. Our design leads and construction project managers work closely together to eliminate delays, resulting in more efficient material selection and subcontractor coordination to optimize project completion. With our Design Build services, our customers appreciate our seamless services and straightforward communication.
- Proven Experts = Since 1888 we have been known for delivering expert capabilities and providing exceptional outcomes in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. We take great pride in hiring and developing individuals in their specific trade and even expanding their skillset to include multiple disciplines. Spieker subcontractor teams are recognized in our community for their excellence and accomplishments.
- Availability = We have long-standing relationships with architectural firms, design agencies, and a variety of construction service providers and have been asked to contribute to projects that are already underway. Wherever you are in your project phases, our proven subcontracting teams are available to lend their expertise when you need a specific portion of your new construction or renovation completed.
- Technical Acumen = There are many factors to consider when creating accurate commercial cost calculations. Estimating construction costs may seem straightforward but there are many variables to take into account when building estimates. Spieker has over a century of experience in determining costs and we continually code all elements of our construction projects to ensure that our cost assessments maintain accurate results.
- Knowledge = Our long-established relationships with vendors, subcontractors, and building material suppliers allow us to provide accurate cost estimates to our customers. When budgeting construction costs, we incorporate:
- Building location
- Permit fees
- Design factors including wall area and number of building floors
- Material quality and delivery
- Weather conditions
- And many more fluctuating elements