SAFETY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PHASE IN OUR OPERATIONS AND PROJECTS
- From design to construction site operations, workplace safety is our top priority! We have built our safety program on compassion and uncompromised values, and employ a full time Risk Manager / Health & Safety Officer to lead our safety program. We perform thousands of safety audits per year with the goal that every employee returns home each day safely and injury-free.
- To minimize workplace accidents and health hazards, the Safety Director initiates protocols regarding safety equipment, airborne contaminants, and hazardous materials. All Spieker employees and subcontractors are required to use engineering controls and adequate personal protective.
- In addition to following state, federal, and OSHA regulations, Spieker conducts yearly trainings on workplace safety specific to the construction industry. Our Safety Director is OSHA 500 trained. 80% of the Spieker Company’s employees are OSHA 30 trained with an annual six hour refresher course which includes all superintendents.
- By putting people first, whether that’s our employees, subcontractors or clients, we can provide safety and well-being that everyone deserves while also meeting compliance regulations.
How We Do It
- Our full time Director of Health & Safety / Risk Management leads our safety program and performs thousands of safety audits per year.
- Our Project Managers and Superintendents have completed the 30-hour OSHA training course which empowers them to constantly monitor for unsafe conditions.
- We engage all our employees by providing education and top-of-line safety equipment.
- We track leading indicators such as Toolbox Talks.
- Safety audits are performed regularly.
- Our drug testing program is in line with the BWC Requirements.
Spieker Ohio EMR .66
Spieker Michigan EMR .72
Spieker Incident Rate 1.00
Spieker DART Rate 1.00
Northwest Ohio Safety Council
2015 Award – Preventing accidents and injuries in the workplace from the Bureau of Workman’s Compensation and the Safety Council of NW Ohio